Immigration Law Expert

Call : 0044 (0) 203 475 6961 Email:

Students Visa Consultancy


You may have decided you want to study in the UK, but do you know what the requirements are?


Here we have present the basic requirements, so you can assess if you are eligible to study in the UK and understand and meet the requirements.


To qualify to study in the UK and to be successful in your Tier 4 Study visa application you will need to meet the following requirements:


Course Entry Requirements:


This will vary according to the course and University you select. Once you know the course you are interested we will be able to tell you what qualifications and or work experience you will need to qualify for a successful application .


We always recommend that you send us your CV in the first instance for us to assess your suitability for a course or college or university


Fee Requirements:


You will be required to pay your FEES in advance


Fees range from £4000 to as much as £23,000 per year depending on the course and University you select

Professional Courses such as ACCA or CIMA are cheaper than Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degrees and can start from £3000 per year.


Living Expense Requirements:


Depending on whether you study in or out of London the living expenses can vary. Living in London is more expensive.

If you study out of London or Outer London you will need to show a minimum of £7200 in your account for a minimum of 28 days (£7380 effective 1st July 2014)

If you study in London you will be required to show £9000 for a minimum of 28 days (£9180 effective 1st July 2014)

This is classified as maintenance fund or financial evidence and is required as part of your Student VISA application


English Language Requirements:


All international students are required to present an English Test Certificate known as a SELT (Secure English Language Test) unless they are from English speaking countries such as Australia, America, South Africa or Canada as defined by the UK Visa and Immigration authority)

English Test Certificates can be from IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson as well as others such as City & Guild as approved by the UKVI authority

You can do an English Test in the British Council in your Home Country if you are abroad or we can arrange for you to do a test if you are in the UK

For Undergraduate courses Level 5 and below such as an HND a minimum of 4 BANDS or equivalent (B1 Level) is required

For Undergraduate courses Level 6 such as Bachelors Degree or a Top-up you require a minimum of 5.5 BANDS (B2) or equivalent

For Postgraduate courses Level 7 such as an MBA or PGD you require a minimum of 5.5 BANDS (B2) or equivalent

Above are the requirements for visa purposes english requirements may vary according to course and University


Obtaining a CAS:


A CAS is a Certificate of Acceptance of Studies that the University or College issues once it accepts you for studies

You will need a CAS to submit an application for a VISA to study in the UK

We will help you obtain the CAS as part of our Service


We are CLIC advisers based in Ilford, for clear open and honest advice please call 020 347 56961 or email our dedicated customer service team on or complete our contact form for a initial assessment!


Please note that we charge £35 for our initial consultation .



If you think you meet all the requirements to study in the UK then get in touch with us and we will help you find the best course and University for you according to your requirements. We will also help you complete a successful VISA application. Remember our assessment is FREE so please don’t hesitate contact us on or fill the contact form below



Copyright © 2014 City Legal & Immigration Centre. All rights reserved

Olympic House ,28-42 Clements Road Ilford Essex IG1 1BA

Tel: 0203 475 6961 Fax: 0208 711 3221